Syllabus for CAT 2011
Syllabus for CAT [Common Aptitude Test] is design to screen the quality of Student IQ. The CAT examination for MBA [Master of Business Administration] is organized by IIM [Indian institute of Management]. The CAT qualified person get the admission in India's best business schools like IIM. So be prepare for CAT 2011 entrance test. Actually there is not fix syllabus for CAT entrance test. No repetition of questions will expected in CAT. Hence we have to practice more to crack CAT. Here is the Syllabus for CAT 2011,
CAT Syllabus distributed in Three Main Sub Categories those are,
2. Data Interpretation & Reasoning
4. General Knowledge
1. Quantitative :
2. Ratios and Proportion,
3. Quadratic and linear equations,
5. Profit & Loss,
6. Averages, Percentages & Partnership,
7. Time-Speed-Distance, Work and time,
8. Number system: HCF, LCM, Geometric Progression, Arithmetic progression, Arithmetic mean, Geometric mean , Harmonic mean, Median, Mode, Number Base System & BODMAS,
9. Mensuration, Alligation & Mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns,
10. Simple Interest & Compound Interest,
11. Set Theory, Venn Diagram,
12. Installment Payments, Partnership, Clocks,
14. Permutations & Combinations,
2. Data Interpretation & Reasoning :
1. Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
2. Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences , identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
3. English :
1. Comprehension of passage,
2. Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms , Contextual usage, Analogies, Antonyms, Fill In the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences, Jumbled paragraphs.
4. General Knowledge :
1. Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events.
2. Famous award and prizes
3. World Records
4. Books and authors
5. Science, History, Geography, International organizations
6. Important quotations
The syllabus of CAT examination will give only direction for study. There is very hard work needed. The basics which we have studied from age of Six years plays big role in CAT. Again we have to go back for basics. Basics makes our knowledge strong & stay away from confusions.